My writings: The sweet taste of Love: Whispers

           I

So thoughtful of you
to think of me.
So thoughtful of you
to remember me.
So thoughtful …

My thoughts
are also thoughtful.
My thoughts
considering you

but my words
are numb
and my acts
are motionless
and my way to
act is longer
than the unmeasurable
distance between
my dream and you.


           II

A window
a window into
you
is what I ask for
not your love.
It would be
too much
too greedy
and I’m
not greedy.

A window
where I can
look at you
where I can
reach you
and it’s
alright

and we are
alright.


           III

The difference between
now and then
my dream and reality
is hard to grasp
is hard to confess
even
when my hand suddenly
touches you
almost on its own
almost as an act
of confession.

I sit beside you
and hear your

voice.


           IV

I look at you
silently
when you lean
your head
on my shoulder
and put your hand
on my thigh
with the fingertips
on the edge of my knee.

I hear
how you breathe
almost unnoticeable
and I wonder
if you hear
how my heart

whispers....





By © Dolores Meden 2017