My writings: Poetry: My vacation

Why does
everyone
have to tell me
what I must do?
what I must see?

I understand
that they
just want
to be kind
and
don't want
me
to miss
anything
important

And I
understand
and I'm very
thankful that
friends and
people who
know me
give me
suggestions

but strangers,
STRANGERS!
I know that
even they
mean well
and my
husband
smiles and
says
"You're too kind
and open to them,
so of course
they are kind
back to you"

but...

I get totally
exhausted
of knowing about
all the beautiful
places
I must visit,
which restaurants
I must go to
and not to forget
all the places
outside the
town
I have to
visit
but how?
and when?

so totally
exhausted
by all the
kindness
people are
throwing at
me

I make a kettle
of tea,
and then
I take a book
or my knitting
and hope
that all
the things
I must do
are going
to be there
the next
time
I visit
the town

or the
next

or the
next....









By © Dolores Meden 2017