My writings: The bittersweet taste of Love: Control

             I

You hunt.
I know you do.
I have seen you
live in action
too many times.

Sex isn't the goal.
Your goal is more
precious.
Your goal is more
painful.
Your goal is
control.

If I say
something,
you always bring up
my friend.

My precious friend,
the end
of all our discussions.


             II

I promised
not to see him anymore,
but nothing
happened between us.

I told you
that we were only friends
and that we never
talked or wanted
anything else.
You didn't believe me,
even if my words were
very convincing.

I don't feel the way I do
because he is more attractive
than you.

I can't love you anymore,
not because of him,
but because of you.
You and your suspicions.
You and your control.

My promise is just words.
Words that
I'm not going to keep.


             III

I don't care
what you think
anymore.

Once I loved you.
Now you're just
a flatmate.

I have my own friends
that you don't know.
That I don't want you
to know.

I don't want to know
what you think about them,
because I know
you wouldn’t like them.
You never do.

I know,
that if you knew,
that this would hurt you.

I know
but I don't care
not anymore...



             IV

I didn't want to see your pain.
I didn't want to know what I've done
because it was over for me.

It was over years ago
but you didn't know.
You didn't listen.

Once you had power.
Once you had control.
Once I was afraid of you.

Now I'm no longer yours.
Now I can go
and know that your pain
is yours not mine
not anymore.





By © Dolores Meden 2017