My writings: The bittersweet taste of Love: Fear

             I

I hear the key in the door.
I hear how you open it
and I'm AFRAID,
AFRAID of your words,
AFRAID of your accusations.
I'm AFRAID!



             II

Your jealousy is killing me.
I lied that I was at home
but I went out.
I didn't meet
anyone.
I just wanted
to take a walk.

Your harsh words
denounce me
and I mumble
quietly to myself
no,
I'm not a whore
I'm not ...

and the back of your hand
hits my face
and it hurts
and you hit me again.

My lips are bleeding
and I don't hear
your words anymore.



             III

I wake up in the morning.
You’re not there.
I know I have to go.
I know I must leave you,
because this wasn't
the first time
you hit me
but I hide.

I hide under the blanket,
inside myself.

I hope
that my pain
will disappear,

that everything
will disappear.



             IV

I play a game.
A game I can't control.
A game full of love
and broken promises.

The game isn't mine
it's yours.
I'm only a player
without a will,
without any words.








By © Dolores Meden 2017